Vision, Mission & Objectives
The vision of Undergraduate Program is a derivative of the Department’s Vision. While the Department’s Vision is a derivative of the Faculty and the Institute’s Vision.
“Being a higher education institution in the field of marine transportation with national and international networks that produce global quality graduates ”
By referring to faculty and institute level missions, the mission of Undergraduate Program in the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering are:
- To organize the higher education in the field of marine transportation being an efficient, relevant and accountable;
- To develop innovative and productive research and activity in the development of marine transportation science and relevant to the industry needs;
- To increase the participation of department in the public service in order to develop the maritime industry and to empower the maritime community based on sustainability and environmentally concept; and
- To develop education and research networks either nationally or globally.
With reference to the vision and mission above, then the objectives of Undergraduate Program in the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering are:
- Students have business, management, and technology insights in the field of marine transportation independently;
- Students have a knowledge through economic and financial approach effectively and efficiently in maritime industry;
- Students are able to think systematically through a socio-economic approach in a decision-making process;
- Department has a cooperative relationship with educational institutions and agencies in the marine transportation sector for both national and international scale;
- Research in the field of marine transportation that is relevant to the industry needs increases in terms of quantity and quality; and;
- Participation of department in public service particularly in the field of marine transportation enlarges.
Targets and Achievement Strategies
The targets and strategies of the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering Department in an effort to fulfill the mission and objectives that have been set, can be grouped in several aspects as follows: