Vision, Mission & Objectives
The vision of Undergraduate Program is a derivative of the Department’s Vision. While the Department’s Vision is a derivative of the Faculty and the Institute’s Vision.
“Being a higher education institution in the field of marine transportation with national and international networks that produce global quality graduates ”
By referring to faculty and institute level missions, the mission of Undergraduate Program in the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering are:
- To organize the higher education in the field of marine transportation being an efficient, relevant and accountable;
- To develop innovative and productive research and activity in the development of marine transportation science and relevant to the industry needs;
- To increase the participation of department in the public service in order to develop the maritime industry and to empower the maritime community based on sustainability and environmentally concept; and
- To develop education and research networks either nationally or globally.
With reference to the vision and mission above, then the objectives of Undergraduate Program in the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering are:
- Students have business, management, and technology insights in the field of marine transportation independently;
- Students have a knowledge through economic and financial approach effectively and efficiently in maritime industry;
- Students are able to think systematically through a socio-economic approach in a decision-making process;
- Department has a cooperative relationship with educational institutions and agencies in the marine transportation sector for both national and international scale;
- Research in the field of marine transportation that is relevant to the industry needs increases in terms of quantity and quality; and;
- Participation of department in public service particularly in the field of marine transportation enlarges.
Targets and Achievement Strategies
The targets and strategies of the Department of Marine Transportation Engineering Department in an effort to fulfill the mission and objectives that have been set, can be grouped in several aspects as follows:
- Prospective Students, Students and Graduates
Prospective Students, Students and Graduates
- Increasing the quality of prospective students by gaining the ratio of enthusiasts with a minimum capacity of 1:25
- Enhancing the average of student achievement index (GPA) by 3.25
- Increasing the percentage of graduates on time minimum 50%
- Decreasing the percentage of DO students or withdraw up to 1%
- Maintain a degree of competence of graduates with a minimum of 80% of their working places.
- Optimizing the promotion of study programs through various tools such as websites, brochures, booklets and social media networks
- Optimizing road show visits to high school or equivalent to potential areas
- Optimizing pre-lecture meetings, lecture monitoring system to evaluate the level of implementation of teaching and learning process
- Optimizing the guidance and counseling system between lecturers and/or supervisors in an effort to monitor student achievement
- Periodically evaluate curriculum and syllabus to maintain material conformity with the development of problem and technology in the working place
- Improve the tracer study system and graduate database to monitor the progress of graduate activities in their working places.
- Human Resources
- Increasing percentage of the number of lecturers with doctoral academic degree up to at least 30%
- Decreasing the ratio of the number of lecturers against the minimum students according to the regulations is 1:18
- Enhancing percentage of the number of lecturers with an academic position of Head Lector at least 20%
- Improving the competence of educational personnel in carrying out their main tasks and functions.
- Encouraging young lecturers to pursue doctoral studies and facilitate for their scholarships
- Calibrating alumni or other parties concerned competent, interested and qualified to become lecturer in Department of Marine Transportation Engineering
- Providing employment opportunities to educational personnel to obtain training relevant to their main tasks and functions.
- Research and Public Service
Research and Public Service
- Increasing the number of lecturers who win the research with funding sources from outside the institute for at least five research tittles
- Improving the number of lecturers’ publications in either national accredited journals or international accredited journals at least seven papers per year
- Enhancing the number of lecturers’ papers at national or international seminar at least 28 papers
- Rising the percentage of final assignment of students involved in research lecturers at least 30%
- Increasing the number of public service and cooperation with industry at least six titles.
- Adding the budget allocation of study programs to provide incentives for lecturers and students whose scientific works are published in national accredited or international accredited journals
- Improving the organization of seminars and/or actively participate in seminars and workshops with themes relevant to the study program
- Publishing an on-line journal by an accredited course to provide an instrument for lecturers and students to improve their scientific work
- Increasing the lecturer competence in conducting research through various training.
- Facilities, Infrastructure and Academic Environment
Facilities, Infrastructure and Academic Environment
- Increasing the number of textbooks in each course to a minimum of 50%
- Maintaining the percentage of practicum module by 100%
- Maintaining the availability of a manual book for Final Project (Bachelor Thesis), Practice Work, Marine Transportation Planning Task, Ship Design Task and Lines Plan Task by 100%
- Providing complete textbooks for each subject at Department of Marine Transportation Engineering
- Creating an on-line journal in academic year of 2018/2019.
- Allocating funds to provide incentives for lecturers who create textbooks
- Preparing practicum modules and guidebooks for courses that are practice-based
- Procuring textbooks for both hard copy and soft copy
- Creating team to build on-line journal namely Journal of Marine Transportation Engineering.
- Managing the department based on information and communication systems
- Achieving the “pass” status of internal audit conducted annually by ITS
- Achieving an “accredited A” status by National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT) in academic year of 2018/2019
- Achieving an international accreditation in academic year of 2019/2020.
- Improving current program management systems and procedures by applying ICT-based systems
- Improving on administrative documentation for both hard copy and soft copy
- Creating team for preparing an international accreditation of Japan Accreditation Board for
Engineering Education (JABEE).